Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Missing Iran??!!!!!

Years have passed. It has been about this time, exactly Sept. 1, when I left Iran to Canada for the 1st time to study. To be honest, I never missed it. It was like I ran away from that place. I was so happy just to be out of Iran and still I am. It is somehow sad that I don't love my home country. Tonight, I remembered those last few months. Running and running and all the worries! And the very last night in my parents' house, in Iran, that I never slept. I was happy and sad. I was happy to be free finally from all that I was running from and sad because of this feeling. I was so lonely. Just me in that big night with 2 suitcases!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be sad to come from a country that has such beauty in many things and yet made you so frustrated and gave you such worry. I hope you are content in Canada!

My mum is from South Africa and she had many of the same feelings, although she was never on the run. But seeing her beautiful home with so many terrible things being done and happening has always given her heartache.

Princess, Auntie, and Mummy said...

Hi Kate,

That's right. You know, one of the good things about blogging is that you find people who are understanding and also they share their valubale experineces with you. I am so happy in Canada. I Love Canada and I am so happy that my daughter is a Canadian and does not need to have the same worries that I had. This was one of my reasons to immigrate to Canada. I was always thinking that I should do something that my kids and grandkids always thank me. Therefore, I see it is worth to go through all the difficulties that an immigrant faces in Canada.

One day, I will write about what I experinced in Iran. That 9 year war with Iraq, culture, humans' rights, women's rights,...

One day, I must write it...